Nature has a fantastic way of preparing her natural bodies of water for each new season by flooding waterways with fresh rains and melting snow, pushing old water out and refreshing it with new. In your ecosystem this service needs to be provided manually on an annual basis to help maintain its balance.
The Clearwater Ponds Spring Cleanout Package:
- Drain Water Feature
- Inspect fish for injury or illness
- Pressure wash/flush water feature and filtration equipment
- Remove dead plant material and debris
- Maintain edge treatments and hide exposed liner
- Check underwater lighting and service as needed
- Fertilize water lilies as necessary
- Install and test filtration equipment and pumps
- Refill water feature
- Add water treatments as required
- Deliver your requested products for season
BOOK YOUR SPRING CLEANOUT or FALL SHUTDOWN NOW!
Just fill out the maintenance request and we will contact you shortly
The Clearwater Ponds Fall Shutdown Package:
The Pond Squad to the Winter Rescue! As the cooler temperatures approach it is important that you take the necessary steps to properly prepare your water feature for the fall and winter months. A proper fall shutdown will help to ensure the health of your pond inhabitants and help reduce your spring maintenance.
- Turn water feature off, remove the pump(s).
- Clean off the pump.
- Set aside for winter storage, as per manufactures directions depending on the pump you have
- Remove the skimmer baskets/nets and remove skimmer brushes/mats.Cleaned and prepared for winter storage
- Disconnect auto-fill valve from skimmer
- Drain biofalls remove filter mats and bioballs/lava rocks from biofalls
- Clean filter media and prepare for winter storage
- Clean any filtration media and store in a dry place
- Empty pressurized filter canisters or filter urn, clean filter media and prepare for winter storage
- Trim aquatic plants according to their variety to prevent them from decomposing in the pond
- Removal of as much as possible of organic material from the water feature such as leaves and debris to prevent decay in the pond that can produce toxic gases during the winter for the fish
- Install winter aerator/bubbler and de-icer. Each is designed to keep a hole in the ice during the winter for proper gas exchange. We do not recommend using only an aerator as this does not guarantee a hole will be left in the ice and just using a de-icer does not add oxygen and circulation to the water, critical for fish health
- Water treatment of cold water beneficial bacteria is dosed
- Install leaf net to prevent leaves from blowing into the pond
- Remove or take down any leaf nets that had been put on the pond and get them ready for storage if leaves have already finished fallen. We do not recommend keeping a leaf net full of leaves on the pond over the winter. Snow and ice will cause excess weight and may cause the net to fall into the pond or rip.
- We start our shutdown service in early October.
"Another beautiful job by your extremely pleasant and able staff. Couldn't be Happier!"
W.McCue - Oakville